Learn and practise advanced techniques that are taught by registered sports Osteopaths with 25 years of combined experience in manual therapy.
Charlie Bannigan & Andy Love will safely teach you how to use grade 5 manipulations (High velocity thrusts). This course will provide you with the necessary awareness, knowledge and skill so that you will be able to use them in your own practice. This will be achieved by building on handling skills, anatomical understanding and practice. On completion of the course you will be able to competently and safely manipulate and mobilise the joints of the cervical spine and upper ribs.
Please note: Thoracic, Lumbar Spine & Pelvis Manipulation is covered on a separate course.
You will be awarded a Certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
Is this course for you?
This is an intense course using a high standard of practical skills; therefore you need to be an experienced therapist to attend. The course is aimed at osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists and sports therapists.
Sports massage therapists may attend as long as they have the necessary experience. If you are a sports therapist or a sports massage therapist you will need to contact your insurer before attending the course.
- The benefits of the manipulative therapy
- Explanation of HVT, grade 1 to 5 mobilisations
- Contraindications & red flags
- Theory, palpation & motion testing
- Soft tissue & articulation techniques for the cervical spine & upper ribs
- Manipulation techniques (including HVT) for the cervical spine & upper ribs
- Benefits of small classes, no more than 6 participants
- 3 CPD points awarded for the course
Course Content & Outline
12:45 Safety precautions, red flag conditions
13:15 Cervical spine examination. Treatment using mobilisation & soft tissue techniques. HVT Grade 5 techniques to the upper, middle & lower cervical spine as well as to the cervical Thoracic junction (CTJ).
14:30 Cervical spine techniques continued